we are hiring
Senior Software Engineer
Full stackFull timeSenior
We are looking for an experienced and proactive Ruby developer to join our team. We expect them to be a passionate, opinionated and creative individual who can develop web applications from the ground up. Who will understand web strengths and constraints and build pixel perfect solutions. You should be capable, and willing, to play a key part in developing responsive web applications.
In this role, you will:
- Maintain a complex backend which processes more than 350 million web server requests per day;
- Build a modern API application atop a functional architecture in Ruby, Ruby on Rails, and/or Sinatra;
- Build well factored, maintainable, and tested code using RSpec with Test & Behavior Driven Development (TDD & BDD);
- Understand and build using strong architectural patterns beyond the standard MVC of Rails;
- Have a strong sense of OO programming and Architectural patterns;
- Be able to work with, mentor, and guide a distributed team of developers.
What we expect:
- 5+ years of software development experience;
- Experience with RoR 3.2+;
- Experience using design and architecture patterns;
- Strong sense of ownership, ability to work independently, and proven track record of driving products;
- Shipped consumer API used concurrently by thousands of users.
As a plus
- Full stack knowledge of technologies like Ruby, GraphQL, SQL, Linux, React, Angular and AWS would be highly desirable;
- Experience working with big data technologies and ETLs like Spark, S3, and Redshift;
- Experience with analytics platforms, CRM, and engagement platforms (e.g., Mixpanel, Amplitude, Moengage, Quicksight);
- DevOps experience - Docker, k8s, linux/unix;
- Experience completing product iterations based on insights from data;
- Knowledge of Python, Scala, Spark, Athena, or Databricks.